Since their inception in the early 2000s, nimBold has been serving numerous clients across the globe. Currently, they specialize in the following areas:
- Reporting and analytics
- Visibility and design
- Project management and business analysis
- Process improvement and re-engineering
- Software engineering
Not just another consulting firm
nimBold came to life as a company in the early 2000s. Since then, they have served numerous businesses, providing them with the best possible technological solutions. By 2020 however, nimBold recognized that only doing this was not enough. Their digital presence was not to its full potential, and their website could do better.
Thus, we came together with nimBold to redesign their website experience for better management and user experience.
When nimBold first approached us, they had two significant issues with the site
- It felt outdated
- It wasn't easy to maintain
We did not have much context to work with at the time. So we started digging in. We ran thorough tests and analyses on their website to narrow down issues on the site.
- We were surprised by the issues we found. They seemed simple enough, yet they had crippled the entire website's foundations. First, the current CMS nimBold was using was hardly user-friendly. It did not offer the flexibility nimBold needed for site maintenance without external help.
- When we dug further, we found another big issue with the site. It didn't have proper security measures at play. Data loss and the risk of getting hacked were looming threats over them.
- Our goal was simple- tear down the old site and build nimBold a new website. Therefore, we wanted to begin with a strong foundation that could keep up with the ever-changing needs of the business. First, however, we had to make sure our work accurately represented nimBold's brand. So we worked closely with the client and made sure to take feedback with them after every development.
A special language created to make CSS programming easy. Eventually - its just CSS for webpage styling.
One of the most popular languages of the past decade, PHP is your reliable, get-it-done backend workhorse. Our team knows the ins and outs of PHP and can maintain or scale any product with reliability.
The database of choice for many small to enterprise-level projects, our professionals know MySQL from the ground up.
As they say it "42% of the web is built on WordPress." This is the content management system for the web.
We sat down with our clients at nimBold and started going back and forth about what needed to be changed. Finally, after some brainstorming, we came up with some questions. These questions guided us throughout our development phase:
- How do we make website maintenance simpler?
- How do we improve the website performance?
- What security measures can we implement?
A New CMS
We found our answer to the first question in the WordPress CMS. WordPress is user-friendly, easy to learn, and is simple to update. However, simply updating the CMS was not enough. For example, one of our client's most repetitive tasks on the website was uploading blogs. And we wanted to make sure the entire process was no longer cumbersome. So we brought in the big guns with the Gutenburg block editor. In addition, we integrated several such plug-ins to make the whole maintenance task easier for our clients.
nimBold's old site made it difficult for the company to uphold their digital presence. However, with a solid start in our strategy phase, in-depth UX and web development knowledge, and constant collaboration with the nimBold team, we built a new site that checked off all the client requirements.